The Power of Prayer

It was just last week that I learned my friend had some potentially serious medical issue.  Learning this news, I began praying immediately.  Then the thought crossed my mind, why not ask my blog friends to take part in a prayer chain.  If two heads are better than one, than four are better than three heads and so on.  Prayers hold mysterious powers and it is my belief that if tens of prayers, hundreds of prayers, thousands of prayers are heard by our Maker, He can make a difference.  I want to express my deepest appreciation to all of you who took a moment to say a little something on my friend’s behalf. 

Admittedly, I was a bit nervous to call her after her appointment basically because I’m a chicken shit  it would be awkward.  When we spoke, I asked her to let me know how things went.  She said to me “I’ll call you if I’m dying.”  Great.  She thinks this is funny. 

Honestly, my husband loves to talk on the phone, so I asked him about it Friday night.  “Why don’t you call?”  Making every bit of sense, he said “if they took any tests, they wont’ know anything yet…”  I asked again Saturday and yet again on Sunday.  He calmly said he would call. 

Monday he finally made the call.  My stomach was topsy turvy.  My chest was aching and my heart was palpitating.  Like any man knowing that his wife wants instant news, he kept a straight face and his words to a minimum.  Finally, I heard the salutation.  “Bye”, he says. 

What were the first words out of my mouth?  WHAT?  WHAT DID HER HUSBAND SAY?  (just imagine me screaming at the top of my lungs)   Without disclosing too much personal stuff (she doesn't know I’m even writing this) she is fine.  She is fine. 

I guess I had to take her words to heart when she told me she would call me if she was dying.   Bitch!

Comments

So glad to hear that your friend is fine. Your post, while so very serious, is so funny!

Hugs to you and have a great day!
Jeannelle said…
That's great news! Your friend probably deflected her own fear with an attempt at humor...."I'll call if I'm dying." Sometimes laughter is the next best medicine.....after prayer.
Anonymous said…
This is good news! I'll keep sending healing thoughts her way.
abb said…
So there! That prayer thing works!

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way