Saturday, March 21, 2009

Addiction

There are worse addictions.  Lord knows I have had many.

Peanut butter

Fountain drinks

To name a few

IMG_2200

I have to say that this addiction is at least healthy.

IMG_2201

For the last 10 days, I’ve had a salad every night for dinner.

I guess the obsession began when shopping at BJ’s a few weeks ago.

I picked up a very large bag of garden salad for around $3.

And the obsession began…

I had to build the perfect salad.

Red peppers

Some fresh peas

Red onions

Cukes….gotta have cukes!

Chunks of cheese…but not a lot

IMG_2202

And then there are the anchovies…

Anchovies and me go back a long way

I craved them when I was pregnant with my first child 

IMG_2203

Sometimes I add a little meat

Chicken breast perhaps

Here, I’ve added left over pork loin roast from earlier in the week

IMG_2204 

and one cannot forget lady spinach

I spinach!

IMG_2205

There’s that pork again

IMG_2207

and you cannot forget the beets

these are the home made kind

second batch of the week!

those little nibbles on the top are what I refer to as

“bird seed”

it’s very yummy

I top it off with a little EVOO and red raspberry vinaigrette.

IMG_2206

And voila!

I have achieved perfection.

The perfect salad.

7 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You had me until the anchovies. Then I made a little spit-up in my mouth.

asthmagirl said...

My grammy always made me try everything. I never got past cukes or beets. Never.

(It's very pretty though)

DesertHen said...

That salad looks awesome!! I think I know what we are having for dinner tonight...=) Nothing better than a good healthy salad.....okay, maybe a big juicy steak, but with a big salad on the side...=)

Country Girl said...

I don't think I could do the anchovies but I'd try because this salad looks wonderful. And it's a good addiction, right?
I'd love to participate in your contest but won't because I won something from you already. And that's just not fair!

Country Girl said...

And PS ~ Happy Blog Anniversary!!!

Maria said...

That looks Delicious, except maybe the anchovies

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Ok...if my salads looked like this...I'd be obssessed with eating salad, too! :-) These look reaaaalllly good! Congrats on your blog anniversary, btw! Awesome! Susan