My Rendition of Simple Woman's Daybook 2

For today, January 5, 2009

Outside my window I see the night fog roll in as we experience abnormally warm temperatures
I am thinking about why I am not asleep when everyone else is
I am thankful for my life as it unfolds day by day
From the kitchen there is not one sound nor aroma
I am wearing my blue plaid pajama bottom with my sleeveless blue shirt because it is still 60 degrees
I am creating absolutely nothing at this moment and I don't feel guilty about it
I am going to continue to pray that hubby gets hired soon
I am reading the same old book I posted last week...but I did manage to read the Atlanta Constitution Journal
I am hoping to get a good night's sleep but it's not looking too good at the moment
I am hearing the sounds of a siren in the distance and hoping no one is hurt
Around the house not a creature is stirring. Not even a mouse
One of my favorite things is seeing my grandson Jack's sweet smile when he sees my face
A few plans for the rest of the week include watching my grandson and getting my dining room curtains hung
Here is picture thought I am sharing

This lovely collection of Black Eyes Susan's taken on our trip to visit my sister this summer. Aren't the colors just lovely? I so gravitate to these rich earthy colors.

If you would care to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook just click on the link above. I found this thanks to a blogger friend of mine!

Comments

abb said…
Don't know if I'll participate, but sure do love what you've posted. Thank you!
Mental P Mama said…
Deb--I hope you got some sleep. Jack is going to keep you on your toes!
Anonymous said…
You post took on its own cadence when I was reading it....beautiful!

Glad you are going to suffer through the weight loss thing with us! We need all of the support we can get:)
brneyedgal967 said…
I do the same thing when I hear a siren - murmur a silent prayer to myself that someone isn't hurt and get the help they need.

Sounds like it was a peaceful evening when you sat down to write this. Nice. Also hoping your hubby finds work soon.
Country Girl said…
Nice, Deb. Praying that your husband finds work.
Pray for mine while you're at it. He can't work but wants to. I feel so badly for him.
shara said…
I love Black-Eyed Susans. I had a sis named Susan and they always make my mom think of her. I love how beautiful they are. Thank you for your posts. I so look forward to them. I am thinking of you and yours.
Sue said…
Hi Deb...can you believe this crappy weather...We spent the day in and out of the rain cleaning out the garage to house the Boss' new p.u. We must have a dozen boxes out on the trash for tomorrow...Yes, that's right..it's now pouring and I don't even want to think about the condition of all that wet cardboard in the morning....I told the husband I thought we should cover it with plastic....Why don't they ever believe us???

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way