Thanks to Maui Girl's Meandering I've been tagged with the meme that is making the rounds in recent days: The Six Random Things Meme. Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. That would be Me!
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know that they were been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. Not many people know this about me but deep down inside I long to para sail and sing karaoke one day.
The latter would require great amounts of alcohol. In years past at a company business meeting on Long Island, everyone was singing karaoke, even the president of the company. I felt it could be a career ending move if I took the mike, but better judgement prevailed.
During our many vacations in Panama City, Florida, I would stare off of our 9th floor balcony and lust after the sheer bravery of those people in the para sail.
2. I honestly believe that I possess a tiny ability to see into the future. At times, I have been dead on with certain people, however, never regarding myself. Well, maybe a few times.
I know that I have been visited by past family members after their deaths. The night my father passed away, I was in Orlando with my daughter and friends. We all stayed in a rented condo. Being silly, having fun, I noticed I misplaced my powder. Five women searched my bedroom only to come up empty. It was no where to be seen. At 5:20 in the morning, my cell phone went off. I took the phone into the bathroom. My sister told me my Dad just passed away. As I walked back into the bedroom, I almost stepped on the powder right next to the bed. I fell back asleep, only to be woken by the smell of cigarette smoke that was fight in my face. I felt it was my Dad saying good bye to me.
3. I would probably leave my husband if Denzel Washington came to my house and asked me to run away with him.
4. Anything Disney is fine with me. I'm a big kid at heart and love Disney World and Disney Land. Combined, I have probably visited the parks close to 65 times. Yes, that constitutes me as a nutcase!
5. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would choose Arizona in the winter months and New Hampshire in the summer. Call me crazy, but I love those states.
6. The older I get, the more I want a little treasure to remember people most dear to me. The serving platter that belonged to my maternal grandmother. The silver my mother gave me years ago. The tiny plaque that says "Bless Our Home" from my paternal grandmother. It may be worn and "out of fashion", but I love it all the same. My beautiful china from my favorite aunt will always be treasured. The silly little clay snake and vase my children made for me in their early years of school. The set of candlesticks my son purchased for me for my birthday one year. The pewter tea set my MIL had made for me in The Netherlands. These things are priceless to me.
You have been tagged!
Debra at Georgia Rectors
Chere at Miss Priss Follies
Kate at Chronicals of a Country Girl
Jeanelle at Midlife by Farmlight
Sue at Rue Mouffetard