Unpacking is Hell!

In lieu of blogging, I have been tackling boxes by the hundreds.
This will consume me until it is all done.
And then....
well, I will have to decorate for Christmas...
At the present time, my desk is quite the mess. All in due time...
My husband claims that all of these boxes are my scrap booking supplies, however,
we managed to eliminate half of these today.
Sadly, the other half ARE my scrap booking supplies....
Half of these boxes are my crafts and scrap booking supplies.
I think I better get busy using these supplies.

It was heartwarming to see my collection of Swarovski Crystal...

...and here are a few of my friends that I treasured over the years...

Quite the mess...but wait...it gets better...
Ignore that person in the corner...
now I can find my tooth brush, hair products and make up....
now I just have to use them!

My darling husband said to me....
"Is that the way the mantel is going to look?"
I said..."Of course, don't you like it?"
No, these are not the ingredients for a recipe I will post....

Our bed is completed.....

there is so much more to do and I've come to one realization....

As I flop into bed each night I can only think of one thought...

Getting old sucks!

Comments

Mental P Mama said…
{{{{Hummels}}}} And is that messy? Kinda looks like my house.
Country Girl said…
I can understand your pain. I moved one year, just a few days before Christmas. The first thing we did after unpacking was to go out and get a tree. One good thing was that we were much much younger, and had so much less ***stuff*** to unpack. But it's all worth it; you know this.
Getting old sure does have its aches and pains, doesn't it? And we're not even old!
Country Girl said…
I can understand your pain. I moved one year, just a few days before Christmas. The first thing we did after unpacking was to go out and get a tree. One good thing was that we were much much younger, and had so much less ***stuff*** to unpack. But it's all worth it; you know this.
Getting old sure does have its aches and pains, doesn't it? And we're not even old!
Adventure girl said…
You poor thing. If I lived closer I would come help you;) I like your before and after.......looks like some I just posted last week. Take your time and try to enjoy it;) XOXOXO
Jeannelle said…
Oh, my......you are very busy. Moving is such a big job. It must be a good chance to sort through all your possessions, though. I need to do that, but we never move!
Sue said…
I don't even want to think about the day we move from Atlanta back to Jersey...We have so much crap it's going to take us a year just to pack up my husband's toy soldier collection....ofcourse he'll expect me to leave everything of mine behind using that old line..."I'll buy you all new"....sure you will....
Eeeek! I feel your pain, poor dear. We closed on our home June 2007 but stalled on moving until September because of what you're going through. Moving only one mile away, I didn't bother with packing. We hired a mover and they made trips back and forth for two days. We still have 25% of our stuff STILL at the old house. We'll complete the move when our house eventually sells. Do you recall my scrap room? It remains nearly full! Yikes! More than one year later, if I don't use it I must not need it. I think I will donate much of it to local schools and/or retirement homes. Good luck, Deb! It looks like you're making progress.
Chere said…
Yes, getting old does suck. Have you wet yourself bending over or picking up heavy items? Join the club. Knowing you it will look like a magazine in a week.

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Calm Before The Storm