Trivial Thursday

Today....I got nothing. So I will resort to some fun emails and share with ya'll.

Don't ya just love getting these clever emails from your family and friends.

I get so many that often, I only open the ones in which the subject line looks interesting.

Being a cat lover, I particularly loved these two photos.

Sorry if you are offended by this acronym. You will just have to deal with it today.


If all goes well today, I may start baking.

Tonight, we will put up the tree.

I will reminisce about all of the ornaments as I hand them on the tree.

Probably have a tear or two...but with the drugs I'm on...I am much more in control these days.

Here is one email I received that could resolve our entire economic problems in the country.

Read On...

HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?

1 . At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2 . This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart
13. Let Wal Mart bail out Wall Street!!!

Comments

Mental P Mama said…
Ugh. Happy decorating;)
Russell said…
My goodness! This information about Wal-Mart is beyond interesting! It is actually a bit frightening! But, well, when I think about the number of times I go to Wal-Mart in a month, well...!

I will share this with my Introduction to Business students next term - it is incredible!!

As far as putting up Christmas ornaments, I completely understand. So many memories... but you know what? There are more good memories yet to come! We just have to be open to the new things life brings our way. (I am not one of those postive thinking crazies but I do believe this...)

Take care and thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Country Girl said…
I'm here to find out about the drugs.
Sue said…
A year ago I wouldn't have stepped foot in a Walmart....my husband cringed at the sound of the word...Things sure have changed in a year...I now go to the Walmart in Woodstock probably every other day...where else can you get a fresh from the oven loaf of french bread for a $1.00 and on your way out the door stop at the "Red Box" and rent a movie for the night for a $1.00.....We LOVE the Walmart!!
Sue said…
Hi Deb...thanks for stopping by my blog..We really did have flying squirrels nesting up in our attic. if you live in Georgia you know these buggers are a problem...It was an ongoing post from the night we heard them dancing on the ceiling....as for the dressed up squirrel, a lady in Florida has it as a pet and she has over 2,000 outfits for it, I don't know how she gets it to sit still for the photo's.....and people think I have too much time on my hands....
Jo said…
Wal-Mart Wine

Maybe this confirms what is often said about "wine snobbery."

Wal-Mart announced that, sometime in 2009, it will begin offering customers a new discount item ... Wal-Mart's own brand of wine.

The world's largest retail chain is rumored to be teaming up with Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery of California to produce the spirits at an affordable price -- in the $2 to $5 range.

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to put a bottle of the Wal-Mart brand into their shopping carts, but "There is a market for inexpensive wine." said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at University of Arkansas , Bentonville.

"However, branding will be very important." Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart wine brand.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity were:

Chateau Traileur Parc
White Trashfindel
Big Red Gulp
World Championship Riesling
NASCARbernet
Chef Boyardeaux
Peanut Noir
I Can't Believe it's not Vinegar
Grape Expectations
Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

I know possum is not a white meat.
Deb said…
Great comment, Jo! I love it! But I think I will shy away from Walmart brand wine!
DesertHen said…
Oh my those photos are funny!! Love it...he, he

Love the run down on Walmart and yes, let them bail out Wall Street!

Great blog you have here...=)

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Calm Before The Storm