Boy! Am I In Trouble!

Moving is really an experience. I find that I am opening boxes that haven't been touched in probably 20 years. Maybe even longer! We came across at least 4 boxes of children's books as we tackle every single box there is to mankind. Hubby and I sorted through the boxes and saved at least 150 books for our grandson and future grandchildren to come. But just when we thought we had investigated every book box...another one appeared.

I decided to show these to my daughter, thinking perhaps she would like to take some home with her. She grabbed Willie's Adventures, opened the book, and the next thing I heard was "O oh!".
"What?", I said. She opened it up and I saw that this book belonged to my elementary school library. "How did they let me graduate?" I wondered. Laughing, I took the book from her hand.
The book brought back no particular memory of reading this book, but I imagined that I checked this book out when I was in the fourth grade. That would put the year at 1964, give or take a year.
Here is proof that I signed the book out. My 4th grade signature and room number. What do you think the fine is for a book that is 44 years over due?

Comments

abb said…
There goes the vacation!

Was it a good read?
Mental P Mama said…
I don't know about the fine, but that is some stellar penmanship you've got going on!
Unknown said…
Oh how funny! You should take it back, and give the school a retro laugh.
Deb said…
Annie, what vacation? :)Can't afford anything these days!
Mama, I went to catholic school for 3 years. If I didn't write the way the nuns liked, I would get a ruler slapped across my knuckles. I'm sure I will have arthritis.
Grama J, yes, I thought about mailing it back to the school. Wouldn't that make for another funny blog topic?
dlyn said…
Great post Deb - I have a few over-ly borrowed books around here myself ...
Jeannelle said…
Oh, funny story.....lucky for us readers that you happened to open that box. You might get on the news or in the newspaper if you inquire about the fine.....I hear stories like that every so often. You'd be famous......all because of Willie!
Chere said…
This is funny. Dusty keeps telling I can not see his grades because he has over due library books. I am wondering if something is up. Now days you may not have gotten out of school with overdue fines.
Clever post, Deb! Whew! I'd hate to see the fine you'd have to pay for an overdue book going back 44 years. Hang onto it. It's almost an antique...sorry :(
Anonymous said…
that is TOO funny--something i would surely do if given enough time. :) i lurve the old card catalog system with the little check-out cards in the back...so much more fun than the computerized version.
Country Girl said…
That's funny. Excellent penmanship, too!

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Calm Before The Storm