Sunday, November 30, 2008
Mom is a little hard of hearing. Well, maybe a lot...but I had the volume up to a low medium volume. The only reason I recognized the song playing on the radio was because I recently caught a little of the CMA awards. Kid Rock's new song, All Summer Long begins to play on the radio. Surprisingly, I like this song. Secretly, I am wondering what my Mother will say. I am certain she will ask me to change it or not hear it at all. The conversation goes like this...
Mom: Is that Rid Rock?
Me: Yes, it is.
Mom: He stands for everything I hate. Long hair. Drugs. Alcohol. Sun glasses all the time. He's even been married many times. He's disgusting.
Me: Yeah...(trying to sound like I slightly agree with her)
Mom: But there is something about him...(long pause and then a smile on her face) that intrigues me....and I like him! I think he's sexy!
Me: Mom, (a little shocked that my 75 year old Mother has the hots for Kid Rock) ...he's that dangerous kind of guy. The bad boy...and you like that!
Mom: Yes, I guess I do. I like Kid Rock.
Me: Well, you go girl!
As the song ended, I wondered if I knew my mother at all. My mom has the hots for Kid Rock! What will tomorrow bring??
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
My favorite aunt phoned my mother today to tell her some news. Mom expected to hear that her beloved Sammie, the dachshund, was doing well with the transition. (that's another story)
Nobody expected to hear the news my aunt had to share. Nobody expected to hear this.
While my favorite aunt was out walking the dogs on Saturday afternoon, she noticed people in the campground walking over to the smoke rising off in the distance. My aunt joined the crowd. Then...that feeling that sinks to the bottom of your stomach when you know it is going to be bad news. It was her home on fire.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Corn bread stuffing?
Or Grandmother's recipe never fail stuffing?
Oh, the decisions....
The answers are easy, really....
How many days of left overs do we want?
How do you manage your turkey dilemma?
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
A cold snap has blanketed the South. Tuesday reached a high of 42 degrees. Now, mind you, I know those of you in the Northern regions of our country are saying, "42 degrees...that is spring up here", but remember that even a transplant from Chicago living in the South for 26 years has acclimated to Southern temperatures!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
2 baking potatoes
6 celery stalks
6 medium carrots
1 TB vegetable oil
coarse salt and pepper
1 large onion
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 pounds ground chuck
1 cup whole milk
1 1/5 cups shredded sharp white cheddar
13 x 9 pan
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
I took this photo of hubby at Venice Beach this past January. We just met up with our lovely niece who goes to college in Venice and walked all over creation doing a little sight seeing.
Ahh...life was so much easier when we were on the road....
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
25. Kibble and water are cheaper than formula and diapers. 24. They have more hair when they are born.
23. Beagles never forget to "go" before they leave.
22. Beagles can go on long trips without yelling "MOM, HE'S TOUCHING ME!!!"
21. Beagles never grow out of being kissed in front of their friends.
20. Beagles don't wear holes in the knees of their trousers.
19. It doesn't matter how much dog hair a Beagle gets in its mouth.
18. You can cage a Beagle without going to jail.
17. Beagles don't "backwash" crackers when sharing your soda.
16. Beagles will watch classic Star Trek with you and won't laugh at the special effects.
15. Beagles hide their "blankies" in their crates rather than dragging them around in public.
14. It's OK and even encouraged to tattoo your Beagle.
13. The older a Beagle gets, the more they like you.
12. Beagles don't ask why. Beagles don't ask why. Beagles don't ask why.
11. Beagles don't roll their eyes when you insist dogs today have it easier.
10.Beagles stick their tongue inside your ear canal; children use a pencil.
9. Beagles don't jump on the bed; they just quietly shed in them and lay on you, considerately adding to your warmth.
8. Beagle markings are easier to get off the wall than crayon.
7. When Beagles don't listen to you, it is because they cannot understand the complex human language.
6. Beagles have tails, making it easier to grab them as they run away.
5. No one passes you a Beagle with a loaded diaper.
4. Beagles dig for buried treasure in the litter box. Kids won't even dump the litter box.
3. When Beagles interrupt you making love, you don't have to explain that the two of you are "wrestling to see who does the dishes."
2.Beagles don't grow out of their shoes every 2 1/2 months.And the number one reason dogs are better than kids:
1. Beagles, when entering those teen years, are neutered.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Have you ever felt a connection with something much larger than yourself? Have you felt that a connection that you just cannot explain? I'll give you an example in my life.
Friday, November 7, 2008
What store brand items do you deem acceptable? And what brand names must you go the extra mile for?
Thursday, November 6, 2008
I sense that I will break from the barriers of my cocoon and become a beautiful butterfly. Strange post for this evening....
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
But why would you need 7 Bedrooms and.... 17 bathrooms?