Monday, November 17, 2008

Mystery Ingredients Equals ????

As I was cleaning out my purse the other day, disposing of all the little scraps of papers, throat lozenge wrappers, a backup diaper for my grandson, I discovered this list of ingredients for a recipe. The only problem is, I cannot for the life of me remember what the finished dish was or who's blog I read and thought, "Wow, this looks good. I have to make this!".
As I read the list, I noticed that I took the time to write legibly, a far cry from some of my other lists I prepare. Based on the check marks, I even inventoried the items in my cupboard and placed the list in my purse when I made my next grocery store run.
Here is the list of ingredients ...

2 baking potatoes

6 celery stalks

6 medium carrots

1 TB vegetable oil

coarse salt and pepper

1 large onion

1/2 tsp thyme

1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup tomato paste

2 pounds ground chuck

1 cup whole milk

1 1/5 cups shredded sharp white cheddar

13 x 9 pan



So that's it. A list of 12 ingredients that when combined in some fashion, will produce some fabulous dish. I get the sense that something critical is missing. Oh, let me not forget to mention that I already reviewed every recipe on Dlyn's blog and I couldn't make a match.
Do you recognize these recipe? Do you have any suggestions as to what is missing?

6 comments:

Jo said...

It looks like it might be some kind of shepherd's pie. Does that sound familiar? I would say, at a guess, that was it. Let us know what you find out!

Grandma J said...

I agree with jo, it sounds like a shepherd's pie or one of those seven layer casseroles. It may have come from Pioneer Woman's recipes...her pecan pie? Just a wild guess. :)

Deb said...

Umm...sheppard's pie...I never thought of that.
Scratching head...pecan pie...LOL...good guess!

Mental P Mama said...

Yup. Shepherd's Pie. Now go take a nap;)

TSannie said...

Do take photos when you make it. Shepherd's Pie really does sound like the one.

Country Girl said...

Have you checked on Noble Pig's site? Sounds good, regardless!