Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bunnies and Sleep Aids

the evening of June 30th

I laid in bed trying really hard to fall asleep.

nothing really helps

melatonin

works great for 3 days

then

it loses its punch

i’ve tried the over the counter PM ones

but if i want to sleep until 11 the next morning

then that is the sleep aid to use

so i don’t

if i get up earlier in order to reset my clock

well, that has its consequences

as i am usually met by a nasty headache

which requires a nap

and that defeats the purpose of trying to reset my clock

the only thing running through my head on June 30th

was

staying up past midnight

to say

~

~

~

~

rabbit!

 

and i did

pitiful

i know

7 comments:

Nurse Nancy said...

Love it! Hope whatever you wished for after you said rabbit comes true!

I am with you in the sleep department. Went to bed at 11 and woke up at 12 last night. While watching TV, my little guy woke up from a bad dream. Comforting him, helped to comfort me...maybe you need a 7 year old wrapped around you to help you fall asleep...but then the hot flashes kick in.

Daryl said...

Oy ....


I can sleep, but its the getting up while I can hear the rain POURING outside and the achy back that insists I walk like I am old

Asthmagirl said...

Sleep issues are the worst. I'm not sleeping so well with TOG away in Alaska, but it is nothing like what you're experiencing.

Maybe a nap is in order...?

Mental P Mama said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I hate it when I go through those times. Maybe some Ambien is in order....Take care.

Jeannelle said...

All I know is that a daily long walk helps me sleep better at night. When I get out of the walking habit, then sleep becomes a problem

imom said...

Having sleep issues sucks so much!

As far as rabbits?... My cat caught one the other night!! Can you believe that?

Jeffrey said...

If insomnia is wreaking havoc in your life and in spite of your consistent efforts you are unable to sleep at night, you should soon approach a doctor. After a thorough examination, your physician may prescribe sleep inducing medicines such as ambien or sonata. However these medicines should never be taken without a proper prescription from a doctor as they tend to yield side-effects which at times can be serious.