My Rendition of Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAY ...

simple-woman-daybook-large


Outside my window... The sun is shining but it is a mere 39 degrees.  We are expected to reach the mid 50’s today.


I am thinking... that when my grandson goes down for his nap, I will read a bit more of my book.


I am thankful for... the beautiful sunshine today.  It is glorious, bright and invigorating.

 

From the kitchen... I smell absolutely nothing except for the almost empty pot of coffee a few minutes away from burning.


I am wearing... my comfortable blue suede slipper, dark blue jeans and my long sleeve green top with black stripes down the arms.


I am creating... nothing at the moment but getting ready to work on a present for my mother’s upcoming birthday


I am going...to make baked ziti tonight for dinner…using the last of my pomodora sauce I made over the weekend.


I am reading...Water for Elephants.  My goal is to have it finished by Thursday.


I am hoping... that my headache goes away soon because I do not have insurance and cannot afford the expense. 


I am hearing... the voice of Barbara Walters on the TV from the next room

Around the house... is quite.  Peaceful. 


One of my favorite things... is when my husband brings me coffee every morning.  I love him so…

 

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

 

On our visit to Canada last May, we spent several days at the Falls.  Never were the people friendlier nor the flowers more vibrant as the gardens in Canada.  Sadly, tulips will not grow to this stature here in the South unless you dig up every bulb and place them in your freezer.  Too much work for me, thank you very much!

Comments

Lawsy Mercy said…
It was nice to learn more about you :)
Mental P Mama said…
I am sorry to hear about your headache. I hope it goes away an never comes back. Will you show us what you make for your mother? It is always such a treat!
A headache? Arghhhh! I feel your pain. I hope it goes away soon :( Your tulip photo is absolutely beautiful, Deb!
Country Girl said…
I hope that your head feels better. I've read that book and really enjoyed it. I was talking about it for days afterwards. The end is uplifting, I thought.
That sauce sounds really good.
Pearl said…
That was very nice!
Pearl
Anonymous said…
I hope your headache gets better. Do the tulips stay very short there if you don't freeze the bulbs????
david mcmahon said…
It's too hot for comfort here in Melbourne, Australia.

Let's swap .....
Jeannelle said…
I didn't even realize that tulip bulbs actually need to chill that much to grow. One tiny perk of living in the north, I guess.

Sorry to hear of your headache. If only there were a "delete" button for things like that. May it go away soon....as in right now!
emily said…
Did my mom recommend Water for Elephants? I am a big reader, but I listened to this one one my IPod, I really enjoyed it. What did you think?

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way