Yikes! Better go get bread and milk! That's what people do up here. I guess they make a lot of milktoast when it snows. I am going to Chicago on Thursday. I think it will be cold;)
Well if it snows it will serve me right since I posted that it never snows here on my blog yesterday:) Gosh but it sure is cold and I dread going outside at all and made chicken soup for dinner tonight. I have to pick up the little one from daycare tomorrow afternoon and I hope my car will start since it goes a little loco when it gets cold. If it does snow Jack and Finley will have fun outside but Fin has no boots. Stay warm. Oh and did you see PW did an article on her blog about the wonderful Atlanta gals that showed up for her autograph? Joyce
It's Christmas. I'm feeling kind of giddy. Because I'm going to do a give a way! Here are the rules 1. Leave a message and get one chance to win. 2. Post a link on your blog about my blog Give A Way and get an extra ticket for the drawing. Don't forget to leave me a comment that you added a link on your blog. 3. Christmas box may be slightly different due to creative juices may vary on any particular day! Contest ends Sunday, December 28Th, 2008 at noon EST. Winner will be announced at approximately 6:00 PM on the 28Th. Merry Christmas to all of you!
This is the first in a series of posts I plan to do in which I want to share what it’s like living with an Alzheimer’s family member. Perhaps I am doing this because I’m looking for a therapeutic outlet. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s is a 24/7 a day job. You don’t get a vacation. The weekends are not your own. You cannot spontaneously go to a movie. Even planning a trip to the grocery store requires that someone is always caring for your loved on. You are on the clock with no relief in sight. In this post, I want to focus on the communication aspect of talking to your loved one. For a toddler, teenager and adult, if you have a stomach ache you know how to convey that message. For an Alzheimer’s patient who is easily confused, a simple question becomes a foreign language. There are times that nothing makes any sense. You instantly revert back to caring for an infant and try to guess what’s wrong. I’v...
I tried to stay away. Really, I did. But I love to change things up a bit. I’ve fallen back into my Cutest Blog on the Block hole. Just because I can, here’s a photo of Niagara Falls. Can you hear the thunderous one million gallons per second falling below? Just know that you have been warned!!!
Comments
Joyce
sandie