When Hair is Just Hair

For more years than I care to remember, I have used a variety of products on my hair. Aside from the normal shampoo and conditioner, I have added moose, gel, hair spray, lemon juice, peroxide, straightener, highlights, even perms. Depending on the era, I either wanted to add volume, glue a strand of hair in place, affix even one hair from moving, add shine, add dullness, naturally highlight, enhance curls or even negate them all together. You see, I believed every word my hairdresser proclaimed and was swept away (no pun intended...hehehe) by what is known as the "up fronts". Those last minute purchases made at the register while the receptionist added glowing accolades on how great my hair looked. I own it all.

Yet the other day, whether it was lack of time or just a forgetful moment, I got out of the shower and began drying my hair. Yep, no products. Much to my surprise, well, shock, my hair never looked so good! There were no flips in the wrong places. No wicked cowlicks to contend with. And much to my surprise, no bed head the next morning.

Do you believe the hype? The advertising claims? Share a tale of marketing woes.

Comments

I tried it both ways -- with and without products. Trust me...you do NOT want to see my hair without it's usual accumulation of hair products. Not pretty. So I am forever chained to my gel, mousse, hairspray, and curling iron. It's that or I get a wig!
Mental P Mama said…
Well I for one used to be addicted to Frizz Ease. Now I am just addicted to blogging. It's a good thing everyone can't see me;)

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way