A Glimpse of Importance

How would we get through our lives without the people around us? These people we hold close to our hearts, our friends, love us in spite of who we are. Sometimes a friend comes into our lives for a short amount of time while others have stay staying power. Regardless, that doesn't mean one holds more value over the other as all of our friends, my friends, have helped me through the winding road of life.

Carolyn and Joe are dear friends of ours. We've shared some great vacations, house projects and many hours listening to music on 50's, 60's and my favorite, 70's satellite station trying to guess not only the year of the song but also the artist. My answer to every song was always "Bread". I don't even know what songs Bread sang! Go figure!

This photo of my husband and my friend, Becky, is a keeper! Sure, Becky is doing what she does best, making martinis, but Fred has the biggest grin on his face. See, he refrains from smiling most of the time. I think Becky must be pinching his butt! She is my BFF without a doubt!
These two lovely young people are two of the most amazing parents ever. They have 3 beautiful children and have been married for over 5 years now. Tim is like my surrogate son as he was joined at the hip with my son since the age of 2.5. He has grown to be the man I always knew he would become. Yet he has great things still ahead of him.
His lovely wife, Bobbie, is a very strong woman who I respect immensely. She is a wonderful mom and is raising 3 terrific kids. When we see each other and she gives me a big hug and tells me she misses me and I believe every word she says.
I love you both!


Comments

Yes, loving relationships - those of our family and friends - are what keeps my heart beating. What a dark and lonely life it would be without them. What a lovely post, Deb.
Chere said…
The saying goes that if you have one true friend in life you are truly blessed. You a blessed many time over. With out my friends I would forever be lost. Speaking of, when can we see you for dinner. Give us a call.
Anonymous said…
Wow, you made me cry, I had not seen the pics from Frank's party. And, the pics from Saturday are great. You too have a wonderful family, and finally a wonderful little baby boy to spoil rotten. I am so glad you all came to swim, it was a truly blessed day...Love you....

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way