Leisurely Saturday Leads To Series of Incidents

Saturday mornings are often lazy, relaxing times. Hubby and I enjoy fresh coffee. We take time to fix breakfast and leisurely enjoy each others company. However, this morning, we encountered a few hairy moments.

Hubby takes pride in maintaining his own hair, granted, it is very easy as long as he has his clippers. Number one on his beard and all over his head. Simple right? He then switches to a super close cut for his neck and removes the #1 clip.

Moments after the switch, he comes out of the bathroom holding his neck with his blood covered hand. Here's what transpired....

me: "What did you do?"

him: "I cut myself and I'm bleeding like a pig."

me: "Kinda looks like to me you tried to slit your neck!"

him: "Very funny...now help me!"

After administering first aid, Hubby decided to take his coffee outside to enjoy the weather but really, he makes his exit for an occasional smoke. Moments later, here what transpired!

him: "A )^%$# bee just stung me on my finger."

me: "What did you do to provoke him?"

him: "I just sat on top of him...he was in my chair."

me: "Let me see. Oh gosh, it is swelling."

him: "What do I take?"

me: "Let's try 2 Benedryl and an ice pack."

him: "It is swelling. Damn."

pause....

him: "Why couldn't the damn bee sting me somewhere else!"

After a good laugh, I got to wonder. Is this something only my husband would say or are all men thinking of only one thing?

Comments

Anonymous said…
No, he's not the only one! My 82-year-old father-in-law proceeded to tell me this... "I could only lift 10 lbs. after my eye surgery. I asked the nurse how I was going to pee if I could only lift 10 lbs." Gross! Eww! Yuck!
Yup, all men think alike. And the older they get the worse they become. (*sigh)
Jo said…
LOL!!! Somehow I could see this whole thing as a cartoon. Oh, goodness. I think hubby should have just stayed in bed today.

Gives new meaning to the term "bee stung". :-)

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way