Happy Birthday, Baby Sister!

Today marks the birthday of my little sister, Gerianne. We are 5 years apart for those of you wondering. If only I had access to my old photos and my scanner, I would post some embarrassing pictures of her, but since all my worldly belongings reside in an environmentally controlled storage space 1039, alas, I cannot accommodate that thought.

Therefore, I shall try to recap some memorable times in an attempt to bring a smile or maybe even laughter to her day and maybe, embarrass her a tiny little bit!

  • when Geri was about 3 years old, she was afraid of the moon

  • she never ate any of her vegetables, but for some reason, our dog, Homer, always sat next to her at dinner time

  • in my teen years, Mom always made me take her with me when I "went out" to visit my friends (it was a way to keep me out of trouble. me? trouble? nonsense!)

  • when I was just dating my hubby, Geri offered to make him hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls for lunch...'cept we didn't have crescent rolls in the fridge, so she used bread. You guessed it! the bread as rock hard, but hubby ate it anyway!

  • my little sister was my junior brides maid at my wedding. looking at the pictures even today, she had the biggest smile on her face throughout the whole day

  • my sister is the kindest person in the entire world

  • everytime we are together, she tells the story of when we kids and I ordered pizza but was a little short ... so I dropped the money by accident down the stairs and the pizza guy said "forget it" (OK, I wasn't that short, just about $.75 and I was 12)

  • the first Thanksgiving dinner my sister cooked, she swore there was a mouse under her stove. My hubby and her first hubby, moved the stove whilst the turkey was cooking, only to find NOTHING...no mouse! Later, we deduced that the water had evaporated in the pot cooking the giblets! We never let her forget that!
  • she almost got the opportunity to assist in the delivery Katherine Zeta Jone's baby...she has a decorating knack just like her big sister
  • she's the kindest person in the entire world
  • when she was born, I pretended that she was my very own baby doll

My sister means the world to me. But just so you know, next year when you have that monumental celebration, I will purchase every prank gift I can find...because you know...

I am your sister and you can't do anything about it!

Comments

Chere said…
Deb, Happy Birthday to your little sister. My little sister is 12 years younger than I. I have a lot of funny stories on her. Love the Maui pic. Debra and I were just talking about going back there. I could stay forever. We are home and I hope to be able to stay in touch. Baby Jack is getting so big. I was wondering about the serious face.
Jo said…
What a couple of pretty women! Gosh!

Happy Birthday to your little sister.

Lovely post!

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way