Because I Love Flowers...

Flowers are such gifts. They appear so simple in beauty, yet they are very complex.
Wanting to write something profound about flowers, I visited Wikipedia and I was a bit blown away. Do you know there is a floral formula that represents the structure of a flower?

Honestly, I don't' write that kind of blog. There are many great blogs out there in which you will discover information regarding the reproductive system of the flower.
You can learn about the pollenation mechanism. There are two, if you didn't know, Entomophilous (bees transfer pollen) and Anemophilous (transfer of pollen via wind).
There's the whole Flower-pollinator relationships, Fertilization, Dispersal and the Evolution of the flower.
I just like to stop...and take the time to enjoy the flowers. Am I simple? I suppose!

Comments

Jeannelle said…
My goodness....these flower photos are just gorgeous! A treat for the eyes! And, thanks for the more in-depth scientific info....very interesting. I didn't know there were words to denote the two types of pollination.

If being simple means taking time to enjoy flowers, then by all means, lets all strive to be simple!!
Mrs. S. said…
Those are just flat out gorgeous!! I only wish I could grow flowers like that! Sadly, I could kill a silk flower...
Mental P Mama said…
I'm with you. They're just so darn purty!
Jo said…
Omigosh, those flower photographs are spectacular! Did you take them?

I'm like you, I just want to enjoy them.
Annie said…
Lovely roses..did you grow them?

Annie
Deb said…
Jo and Annie,
Oh, I wish I had the super duper green thumb to grow these beautiful specimens, but I only photographed them!

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way