Just Get Over It

My Momma and me!
Yesterday, I recalled hearing a very astute comment made by Jay Mohr,
who is out promoting his new book on parenting.

Your parents gave parenthood everything they got, so if you are harboring
some ill will against your mother or father,
just remember this statement.

Wow, I thought.

Immediately, I recalled the moment in my father's hospital room. back in 2005.
I hadn't seen him for 27 years.
Lying in his bed unable to speak, as I left to say goodbye and walked out of his room,
something suggested that I turn around.
And at that moment my 75 year old father mouthed the words
"I love you".

Wow...and I just let it all go.


Comments

Thanks Deb for sharing this. It's hard but sometimes we have to let it all go for our own healing.
Country Girl said…
Well, it's a good thing you turned around, Deb.
Good for Jay Mohr and the book, too.
Mental P Mama said…
Truer words were never spoken....
Jo said…
Aw... this gave me goosebumps. I'm so glad you turned around.

I'm going to read Jay's book.
Rose said…
Enjoyed looking at your blog. On my father's deathbed he told me he loved me. He was never a man of words. These words will always ring in my ears. I'm new also from Ga. will follow your blog. Stop and check out my blog http://somewondersoflife.blogspot.com/
joanne said…
wow...that gave me shivers.
Tammy said…
What a great reminder.
Chatty Crone said…
Excellent, and add a little time to the mix - forgiveness is possible. Glad you got that from your dad!

sandie
Sue said…
You were very lucky seeing your father right before he passed away...I was on a plane from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale and when I got to the hospital I found the nurses making up the bed, I had just missed him before he died ....I had comfort knowing that he knew I was on my way...he just couldn't hold on....

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Calm Before The Storm