Capturing Memories

As of late, I’ve been a little lax in the photography department.  I promised myself that I will break out the camera and snap away tomorrow because I recognized that time passes too fast.  For without photos to freeze that moment in time, that memory may be gone forever.  How often do we look at a photo from 10, 20 or even 30 years ago and say to yourself, “I remember that day as if it was yesterday.”

IMG_3472 On this perfect day, my BIL stopped at this lovely park his parents took him to when he was just  a boy.  How special I thought that he wanted to share it with his family.  For this day will forever be frozen in my memory, thanks to my need to travel with camera in hand.

 

IMG_3475

As evidence in this photo, I love people shots.  Over the years, I’ve taken my share of landscapes as evident in my Disney photos from years past.  If I have 1,000 shots of the EPCOT geodesic dome is probably a conservative number.  Recently, thanks to Jack, I want my photos to be up close and personal.  Subjects framed with little outside distraction.  Yes, I love to capture the faces.  This photo speaks volumes.  Skinny butt sister and her husband! 

Happy September, Friends!

 

Comments

Unknown said…
What a great reminder to seize the day and not let it pass us by.

Love the shots of the special people in your life.
Daryl said…
Wonderful memories in the making .. is this along the Palisades Parkway?
Maria said…
wonderful portraits, looks like a fun day with warm memories left behind.
imom said…
I've been lax in the picture taking dept too. I've been lax in all depts! Too much kitchen remodel.

I love those shots, it really is important to capture these little moments in time.
Asthmagirl said…
Happy September, Deb! I've missed you! Love the pictures!

Ben sends his best!
Jamie Payne said…
You and I are having the same problem. Life gets hectic and I forget to take the camera out. It's been a while and I'm starting to miss my Nikon friend:) You've inspired me to snap some pictures this Labor Day weekend! Thanks!!
Country Girl said…
Oh, these are a lovely surprise! So nice to see ya, Deb.
Sue said…
Happy September to you too!! I do prefer close up shots...I always insist when getting a picture taken that the taker uses the zoom feature....hopefully leaving out my bigger lower half....

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way