So Big

 

My adorable grandson spent the night with us while my daughter and SIL celebrated their 2nd anniversary yesterday.  Ironically, it was just as cold as it was two years ago and yes, it snowed in Atlanta most of the day.  Hmm…yet there was no panic, school closings or mad rush to the grocery store.  Sorry, I digress!

After having a 10 month old for 27 hours straight, I have one comment to make.

IMG_2216

There’s a reason why you have children when you are young!  Old people do not have the stamina as the youngsters do.  (how does Nancy Grace do it with her twins at her age, I'll never know)  The little guy is teething so I am aware that is a major contributor, however, I just want to believe that he missed me from 1:30 to 2:30 a.m. and wanted to spend quality time with his Grama.  And 4:30 to 5:00 a.m.  At 6:30 a.m. this morning, he wanted to have a serious talk about his upcoming birthday celebration. 

Luckily, I turned over my responsibilities to his Grampa at 7:00 a.m. and dove back in bed at 7:30 for a few more hours of sleep. 

But, look at that face!  I will walk a million miles to hug that little guy.  And yes, he will spend many more nights at our home, but it is so worth it when that little face smiles that toothless smile at me. 

Comments

Those eyes and toothless grin melt my heart :) Jack is adorable!
Country Girl said…
What a beautiful little boy. So happy! And yes, absolutely. I would have had no energy left.
imom said…
He is so adorable! I'm tired just reading about the night time interruptions!
Daryl said…
Oh he is too sweet ... look at those eyes .. intelligent and mischievous!
Cheri said…
What a little cutie.
Yep, he missed his grama at 1:30, 4:30 and 6:30 AM, I'd stick with that story. Isn't it great being a grandma?
shara said…
I am not an official grandmom- but I am a "RaRa". My manfriend's grandson can't say Shara, so, I am RaRa... and you are definitley right- I admire Emily (the mom) for being so young AND mature AND being THE mom.
Unknown said…
It never gets old. Enjoy your precious Jack.
Mental P Mama said…
Too precious. And Nancy Grace? Has help. Lots of it.
Erika said…
Thanks Mother! He told me that he woke up because he missed you! He however didn't realize that his crib and your bed were in the same room. He apologizes and loves you dearly.
Miss_Nobody said…
AWWW he is sugar,spice and everything nice im sure :)
Jamie Payne said…
He's so adorable! I can't believe how big baby Jack has gotten!! Yes, it's definitely not easy getting up so often...I joke all of the time that I haven't slept in 5 years:)
Jamie Payne said…
He's so adorable! I can't believe how big baby Jack has gotten!! Yes, it's definitely not easy getting up so often...I joke all of the time that I haven't slept in 5 years:)
Donna S. said…
Grandbabies are the best thing ever!! But I can relate! I have 3 that live 7 doors down, I went part time to help out & sometimes I am exhausted!! But I love every minute of it.
Donna S. said…
Oh and let's not forget my new grandbaby that lives down by Atlanta. We are leaving in a few minutes to visit him & I will take night duty!!!!! So the 6+ hour drive + night duty will have me yawning, too.
Sue said…
You are so lucky to be so close to Jack...What I wouldn't give to be near our Miss SOphie...but we have been warned...we leave tuesday for Jersey and daughter already let grandpa know that she's gotten so heavy he might not want to carry her all over....fears of a hernia!! Enjoy every minute...asleep or awake that you spend with this precious little guy...

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way