Kittens or Babies...What's the Difference?

Having a new baby in the family, I have the explicit pleasure in showing him off to anyone that will stand still for more than a second and a half! Jack is such a cutie pie, who wouldn't want to oooo's and awww's over this little doll. Last week, we stopped by his Uncle Steven's house. One of his friends, who will be unnamed for reasons you will understand after I tell this story, came out to the car to meet Jack for the first time. Being the good baby that he is, Jack was asleep in his car seat, when the friend opened the car door to see the baby. I was surprised to hear that said this single friend made all the appropriate comments regarding Jack. "Oh, he is so cute." "He's so tiny!", and finally, the last comment..."When do they open their eyes? Like at 6 weeks?"

After the laughter stopped and I wiped the tears from my face, I said, "He's not a kitten. Babies open their eyes immediately after birth!" Obvisiously, this friend has not been around babies very much but knows a lot about puppies and kittens!

Comments

That is hilarious! Tears are still stinging the corners of my eyes. Oh, that's good. Yes, he is a doll, Deb! Can't waiti to meet him in person.
Anonymous said…
hee. that's funny. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way