Daises Are Such Friendly Flowers!

One of my favorite flowers in nature is the simple, sweet, and delicate daisy. Its simplicity makes a statement. No other flower can sit front and center in any one's decor like the daisy. It simply does not conflict with a upholstered sofa or comfy chair. Its elegance is clear.
Not to mention, daisies are my daughter's favorite flowers. She carried a Gerber daisy bouquet on her wedding day. Tom Hanks brought a very sick Meg Ryan a bouquet of daises in the movie You've Got Mail. She simply replied "Daises are such friendly flowers!" That about sums it all up.
I captured this lovely flower in Rock State Park last month. After playing with my camera settings, I discovered that my close up setting gave me the photo I wanted.

Comments

Chere said…
Deb, Great photo. Debra and I went to our first CS3 Photoshop class tonight. We loved it. Wish you were here to take it with us for the next 6 weeks. Daises are a fresh and friendly flower. Have a great day.
By George, I think you've got it! You're spot on to macro photography without a fancy dancy expensive lens. Who needs it? This photo is absolutely lovely! And yes, the simple unpretentious daisy is simplistic in detail yet indescribably happy. Thanks for the visual hug :)
Jamie Payne said…
Love it! I've always liked daisies too. Some of the most simple everyday flowers are my favorites. Beautiful photo.

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way