my husband keeps thinking I'm sneaking a piece of chocolate but I keep telling him that I'm sneezing from all the pollen in the house...everything is coated in it...
I am having such allergies this year. Worse then normal. Spring is beautiful if I could only see it through my swollen eyes and that Kleenex that has attached itself to my nose. Nice to meet another Atlanta blogger!
It's Christmas. I'm feeling kind of giddy. Because I'm going to do a give a way! Here are the rules 1. Leave a message and get one chance to win. 2. Post a link on your blog about my blog Give A Way and get an extra ticket for the drawing. Don't forget to leave me a comment that you added a link on your blog. 3. Christmas box may be slightly different due to creative juices may vary on any particular day! Contest ends Sunday, December 28Th, 2008 at noon EST. Winner will be announced at approximately 6:00 PM on the 28Th. Merry Christmas to all of you!
I tried to stay away. Really, I did. But I love to change things up a bit. I’ve fallen back into my Cutest Blog on the Block hole. Just because I can, here’s a photo of Niagara Falls. Can you hear the thunderous one million gallons per second falling below? Just know that you have been warned!!!
This is the first in a series of posts I plan to do in which I want to share what it’s like living with an Alzheimer’s family member. Perhaps I am doing this because I’m looking for a therapeutic outlet. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s is a 24/7 a day job. You don’t get a vacation. The weekends are not your own. You cannot spontaneously go to a movie. Even planning a trip to the grocery store requires that someone is always caring for your loved on. You are on the clock with no relief in sight. In this post, I want to focus on the communication aspect of talking to your loved one. For a toddler, teenager and adult, if you have a stomach ache you know how to convey that message. For an Alzheimer’s patient who is easily confused, a simple question becomes a foreign language. There are times that nothing makes any sense. You instantly revert back to caring for an infant and try to guess what’s wrong. I’v...
Comments
Linda @ A La Carte