What is a Friend?

Life will suddenly throw you a curve ball when you least expect it. Yesterday, as we were enjoying a delicious dinner with my niece at Duke's in Malibu, my sister phoned to tell me she just sent an ambulance to my mom's house. Mom was sick for about 4-5 days with flu like symptoms and now had incredible dizziness. My son just left for vacation to Florida and my daughter had to make an emergency trip to Panama City because her husband's grandmother passed away.

No one left in town but my dear friend, Becky. Now I know this is not her responsibility, but when you have no one else to turn to, who do you turn to other than your best friend. It got me thinking. What is a Good Friend? Well, it all of this and so much more.
What is a Good Friend?

•Someone who will support you no matter what.

•Someone you can trust and who won't judge you, even when you make lots of bad choices in life.

•Someone who when finding out you just lost your job of 22 years, brings you a new uniform....cat pajamas!

•Someone who will love you not because they feel they have to because you're their friend, but because they choose to.

•Someone whose company you enjoy and whose loyalty you can depend upon.

•Someone who will be there no matter what your situation is.

•Someone who is trustworthy and not afraid to tell you the truth, no matter how hard it is sometimes.

•Someone who can laugh when you laugh and drink a martini with you!

•Someone who holds you tight when you cannot even catch your breath because you are sobbing uncontrollably.

•Someone who makes you smile.

•Someone who can accept you for who you are, and just lend you an ear when you need to whine or complain.

•Someone who will cry when you cry.

•Someone who will give you room to change.

...that is my friend Becky who I love dearly like a sister.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way