My Own Lost Experience

Things have changed a bit since I flew last, which was last year sometime. Not only do you not get anything to eat for free on Delta when you fly coast to coast, but they scare the heck out of you when attempting to land the aircraft.

On Wednesday, March 26th, I flew home from Los Angeles to Atlanta. All was well with the trip until we were 40 minutes from landing. Lots of turbulence, but I've been through worse.

We were cleared for landing, always a good thing...the pilot was still fighting the winds and we were bouncing a good bit. I looked out the window to my right and see the familiar landmarks, such as Stone Mountain and the Atlanta skyline. Fellow Atlantan's know that the next landmark one would see is the Ford plant, however, that did not enter my sight because about 2,000 feet above the ground, the pilot hits the engines and we abort our landing.
20 minutes later, we were safely on the ground,. What a relief! Our pilot comes on the air to tell us the real events behind the incident. Apparently, our plane was too close to a commuter jet. The commuter slowed down and our plane had to go full engines. But it was the next bit of information that I had trouble dealing with...our pilot told us that he had problems with the flaps as we were trying to land the second time. This was news I could have lived without knowing.
The next day, Delta cancelled many flights for "electrical" problems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peak at 2010 for Fellow Taureans

Christmas in July Give A Way